Happy Fall Everyone!!! October is finally here and i am going to start the month off right by making these delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!! I got this recipe from my sister-in-law for my bridal shower and i am SO glad she shared it with me!!! These are seriously the most delicious cookies ever... I just had to share this with all over you :)
**WARNING** these are dangerously addictive!
- 1 cup Shortening
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 (15 oz) can Pumpkin Puree
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and white sugar until smooth. Beat in Eggs one at a time. Stir in the Vanilla and Pumpkin until well blended. Combine in separate bowl Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon and Nutmeg; Stir into the Pumpkin mixture. Mix until blended well. Then add the Chocolate Chips. Stir in the Walnuts if desired. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Tips:: I use Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips so there is more chocolate throughout each cookie