Sorry it has taken me so long to post this, life keeps getting in the way! I made these not too long ago and they were Amazing!!! They are very similar to California Pizza Kitchen/P.F. Changs Lettuce wraps!! They were THAT good!! When i worked at CPK i got lettuce wraps all the time but man are they expensive SO this is a great way to kick that lettuce wrap craving of yours and also not break the bank doing it! Hope you Enjoy!
- 2 lbs of your choice of Meat (ground turkey, ground chicken, Shrimp-no shell)
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1/2 TBSP Asian Chile Oil
- 5 ounces Bamboo Shoots, canned and drained
- 12 ounces water chestnuts, canned-drained-chopped
- 1 can Bean Sprouts
- Ice Burg Lettuce leaves
1. Combine the following into your Crock-Pot: Your choice of meat-raw, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil, chile paste, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. MIX well!
2. Cover; Cook on LOW 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours)
3. Thirty minutes before time to serve add Bean Sprouts. MIX.
4. Place meat on top of an ice burg lettuce leaf and ENJOY!
TIP: To add even more flavor drizzle hoisin sauce on top of your meat mixture inside your lettuce wrap
Sadly this is one of those dishes that doesn't look very yummy in the pictures but is absolutely delicious!!! So with that being said PLEASE don't judge this recipe off the picture cause trust me, they are worth making!! :)